Monday 10 February 2014

My Bunny Valentine

Well it is no secret that I LOVE Valentine's Day! Whether you are single, dating, married...it is a great time to celebrate the people that you love!

This year my fiancée will be away for the special day so we decided to celebrate early with a special dinner. Putting together a cute Valentine's meal does not have to cost a fortune, just takes a bit of planning and lots of love.

I bought a lot of my Valentines supplies from shops like Woolworths or bargain stores and my baking goodies from online baking stores.

I love everything heart shaped and pastel coloured conversation hearts are my favourite- so I created this recipe a few years back which has become a must bake for Valentines' season each year! My Conversation Heart cookies!


They are really easy and fun to make! I use a traditional butter cookie family recipe but any basic biscuit recipe will do and then whip up some icing using pink food colouring and then add the conversation hearts (my favourite are Sweethearts which can be found online at sweetheartscandyaustralia.com.au) and then some cute sprinkles which I buy either at Spotlight in the baking section or online baking stores. They last for ages and are really cute to package up individually to give to friends, family or your sweetheart!

So for dinner for my fiancée I like to go all out! I decorated the table and the room with some cute heart shaped plates that I found at Target a few years back and then set up the fondue and Valentines theme chocolates in the middle...



 
 
And then for the dinner! We had had a super busy weekend and I had already cooked a big Chinese New Year dinner a couple of nights before so didn't want to spend too much time in the kitchen so I stuck with some old favourites that I knew Ben would like but with a Valentines spin...pizza with heart shaped ham which I just cut out myself and popped on before putting in the oven, individual mac and cheese bakes and a really cute heart shaped chicken schnitzel I found in Coles!
 


 

The for dessert I had the cookies and a chocolate fondue with strawberries and marshmallows. Always very cute and romantic for Valentine's Day!


While we of course love going out for dinner, there is something really special about having a quiet homemade dinner at home where you can relax in private and take all the time you need to enjoy your special night :-) I would definitely recommend it to anyone that isn't sure of what to do this Valentine's Day!

As for presents...I was a very lucky girl and was spoilt with some beautiful lingerie I've been lusting after from the new Playboy Anniversary collection and also with all the goodies from Lush's Valentines collection!

Here are my picks for some cute Valentine's gifts to put on your wish list!

LUSH-
lush.com.au

They really do have some adorable gift packs and products for Valentine's Day! My picks are the Prince Charming body wash which smells incredible and the Neon Love heart soap which just looks amazing! There is something super romantic and luxurious about laying back in a sweet smelling bubble bath with new Lush products!


BRAS N THINGS-
brasnthings.com

The new Playboy collection at Bras n Things is super sexy and so girly! I was lucky enough to be given the Crystal Bunny Bra in white and the super pretty pink lace robe from my Valentine!
These are my picks from the collection...

Playboy Hallie Satin & Lace Wrap - Light PinkPlayboy Hallie Satin & Mesh Mini-V - Light Pink
Playboy Bunny Sparkle Satin & Mesh Suspender - WhitePlayboy Rouge Can Can Satin & Mesh Torsolette - Red

WOOLWORTHS
woolworths.com.au

Woolies has really stepped up with it comes to their seasonal and gift items! I think they have had more Valentine's goodies this year than I've ever seen there before and there is some really cute gift ideas there...from traditional Lindt chocolates to super cute Disney stuffed toys. They definitely have the traditional V-Day gifts covered! Something for everyone!

Lindt Lindor Chocolate Crystal Heart Tin Valentine's Milk Chocolate Truffles "you've Won My Heart"Valentine's Gifts Heart Shaped Soap
Valentine's Toys Mickey & Minnie With HeartValentines Gifts Love Photo FrameValentine's Cool Gear Gifts Chiller Cup


PANDORA
Pandora.net

I personally don't wear Pandora, but I think their Valentine's collection this year is really cute and something really special! The stackable rings are something you could wear all year round and the heart shaped charms are a perfect addition to your bracelet. I also noticed on their website purchases come with a cute heart shaped jewellery box!

 Pink love hanging charm with salmon cubic zirconiaRed heart silver ring with cubic zirconia and synthetic golden red ruby
Pink openwork sparkling hearts charm with salmon cubic zirconiaHeart silver necklace pendant with cubic zirconia and 90cm adjustable chain


So there you have it...hope you all have a beautiful Valentine's Day this Friday with your loved ones!

xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment